Wednesday 20 June 2012

Wednesday Top 5 Home Edition (or stuff I love in my home)

Good Morning World!

The sun is shining, the weather is hot (tra la la la la) ! Today's blog post is going to be a Wednesday Top 5 Home Edition which is a fancy way of telling you that I wanna show you my 5 favourite things in my home right now.

1. The Olive Tree
On place numero uno, I present thee with my new, fresh, lovely and amazingly fantastic OLIVE TREE!
It was a birthday gift from some friends, and I initially thought I'd place it outside on the balcony. However, after having bought it a new terracotta pot at Norrgavel and placed it in my kitchen, I just couldn't bare moving it outside! So now it's a domestic, in-house olive tree, and I love it! (it's got tiny tiny little olives now, but when they're big enough, we'll have a harvest feast and invite ya'll for tapas!)


2. Origami Birds
These are my homemade origami birds which are not difficult at all to make, and all you need is paper, a little bit of patience, and a large glass of wine (for yourself that is). I bought my paper at Panduro (http://www.panduro.no/) in Karl Johans Gate (there's also a Panduro in Torshov).


3. A miniature Croissant Magnet
I bought this mini pastry in Sicily a couple of weeks ago, and I really like it. It looks so real! For every country I visit, I always buy a magnet souvenir, but this is by far the best! Isn't it sweet, and doesn't it look yummy? I am thinking of putting up the rest of the magnets as well, but I'm not sure where...suggestions?


4. The box that looks like a book!
This is a great way of hiding whatever you want to hide, but do so in a stylish and colourful way (I've got TV remotes in it cause they're soo ugly!!). I bought this one in a small shop in Vasastan in Gothenburg (Sweden for ya'll foreigners), but I have managed to "relocate" it at House Doctor, a Danish retailer. To my surprise and utter joy, I also found it at Detaljer at Grønland Basar where they have at least 2 other kinds of boxes. Løp og kjøp!


5. Violets!
An last but not least, numero five: my beautiful violets. These little guys just keep growing bigger and bigger, I think they really dig the Norwegian outdoor-climate! They're planted in an old kitchen-sink which we kept after having renovated our kitchen, you like it?


OK, guys, enjoy this lovely Wednesday. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! You could buy a magnetic board (white board) to put all your magnets on! Here you can write things to remember and post little notes using your magnets... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis! I've been thinking about buyng a magnetic board, but I'm not sure where I'd place´it...a good idea though...Peace Out!

      Delete